04 February, 2008

I went to the pryamids! and now i can't move




Sorry for the lack of posting. Apparently there are only 3 cables into the middle east bringing internet and 2 of them got cut. but now internet is semi-ok so I am playing catch-up on my blog.

Thursday afternoon we went horseback riding at the pyramids in Giza. My horse (above) was crazy. he/she (couldn't tell which) decided to gallop across the desert at top speed (i've never been so afraid for my life) and the soreness is only today wearing off. They pyramids were cool - it was kind of surreal being there after hearing about them basically my whole life. This trip we didn't really get up close though, we just rode up to a hill overlooking them and took a few pictures before it got dark. Unfortunately the sunset was on the other side of the sky so my pictures didn't come out great and the sand got in the way. but still, PYRAMIDS!

No comments: